Saturday 10 March 2012

Wuthering Heights

I just entered a competition/exhibition called A Postcard to Emily which calls for postcard sized artwork on the theme of Wuthering Heights. Wuthering Heights is one of my favorite books of all time so I had to enter!

I only found out about the competition on Thurdsay and it had to be sent by 12 o clock today so I've been working really hard to get finished.
This is the image I submitted - it was created using pencils and Photoshop CS2.



I thought some people might be interested to know a bit about my working process so I've uploaded the image at the finished pencil work stage. 
 

and for and even earlier stage, here is my initial rough plan !


As always, please click the images for a larger view.

3 comments:

  1. wow!! the heather and the clouds look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the composition and pencil work, and the atmospheric images of young Cathy & Heathcliffe in the background - good luck with the competition!!

    ReplyDelete